Wednesday 18 March 2020 - An update for you on BMEC performances, in light of COVID-19
With the confirmation of COVID-19 cases in the Central West, Bathurst Regional Council is following advice on COVID-19 from the state and federal health departments. Our staff are monitoring developments and assessing any potential impact on Councils services, facilities and events. As of Wednesday 18 March 2020 a number of events scheduled for the coming weeks have been cancelled. We will continue to monitor developments prior to making decisions on major events scheduled for later this year.
All staff have been reminded to practice good hygiene by covering coughs and sneezes, washing their hands thoroughly with soap and water, and using alcohol-based hand sanitiser. Hand sanitising facilities are being installed across Council facilities for use by the community and staff members.
We also ask that community members visiting Council facilities and buildings or attending events follow the advice provided by NSW Health and follow good hygiene practices such as hand washing and covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow.
If you are unwell, or experiencing flu like symptoms, please re-consider attending Council facilities or events.
If you require additional information regarding the management of Coronavirus, NSW Health is the responsible agency. Their website contains fact sheets, advice and relevant medical information.
If you develop flu like symptoms and are concerned, you can call Health Direct on 1800 022 222 in the first instance for medical advice, your doctor or hospital emergency department.
The National Coronavirus Health Information Line can be contacted on:
1800 020 080.
BMEC Performances: postponements & refunds
We are aware that the Prime Minister has today announced that “non essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people have been banned.” This will clearly have an impact on events at BMEC.
Most scheduled events are being postponed and new dates are being negotiated.
• Mark Vincent – A Tribute to Mario Lanza, scheduled for Friday 20 March has been postponed. The new date will be Friday 5 February 2021 at 7.30pm.
• Annie – the Musical, the Scots All Saints College production has been cancelled. The school hopes to bring a musical to BMEC in 2021.
• An Evening with Fast Ed - The Bathurst Sustainable Expo has been cancelled.
• Term 1 Drama workshops are currently going ahead but a review will be made before the weekend.
• The Australian Haydn Ensemble with Carla Blackwood has been postponed until late in the year. The date is being negotiated.
• The Waterwise performance for schools, Tapstar & Dripet has been cancelled.
• You Got It! A Salute to Roy Orbison starring John Stephan has been postponed. The date is being negotiated.
• Backbone – Gravity & Other Myths. A review of the situation will occur today.
• Sleeping Beauty – Moscow Ballet La Classique. The performance on Monday 20 April has been cancelled but the company is planning to return to Australia in March / April 2021 and we hope to be able to secure a date.
• Lee Kernaghan’s performance has been postponed and a date is being negotiated.
• The Sound of Music – Carillon Theatrical Society has been postponed and dates are being negotiated.
• The World of Musicals, scheduled for 26 May has been postponed until next year, on 8 June 2021.
• Anh Do – The Happiest Refugee Live has been postponed until Monday 14 September 2020 at 7.30pm.
• Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase has been postponed and the new date will be announced shortly.
Box Office staff will be in touch with all patrons who have booked tickets in due course, to discuss options of transferring tickets to a new date or arranging a gift certificate or a refund. Please be patient with Box Office staff as there are a lot of events to manage.
We will send an update about other events as decisions are made.
We are thinking of all of our patrons at this difficult time and look forward to being able to welcome you back to BMEC.
We do not sell tickets through Viagogo
Viagogo is not an authorised agent or reseller for this event. Tickets purchased through Viagogo will be voided. Customers who have purchased tickets through Viagogo will be required to purchase new tickets at the box office to attend the event. We will provide a letter to affected customers outlining that tickets purchased through Viagogo are unauthorised, and this letter can be used to support a refund request to Viagogo, or to dispute the original credit card charge. If you have any questions, please contact us on (02) 6333 6161 or email